How To Perform Our Gentleman's Facial
Our Men's Facial is designed specifically to care for men’s skin and address the common facial concerns of men such as ingrown hairs or irritations from shaving.
Our special anointment technique combined with a great massage of the back will provide absolute relaxation and a time to de-stress the client.
Clients will experience a clean, refreshed and thoroughly hydrated complexion at the end of this luxurious facial treatment.
Benefits of the Gentleman's Facial
Provides deep cleansing and effective exfoliation to remove impacted debris from pores
Nourishes and feeds the skin to promote a healthy-looking complexion
Hydrates and refreshes the skin, calms the look and feel of irritations
Stimulates the skin for healthy blood flow and circulation
Steam helps improve the look and feel of congested pores and ingrown hairs
Uses gentle, yet active products formulated specifically for men’s skin
With the use of aromatherapy and neck and shoulder massage, this facial is a calming and relaxing treat
Contraindications: Severe, infected acne, sunburn, cancer treatments, and iodine sensitivity
Total Service Time: 60 minutes
Suggested Treatment Selling Price: Starting at $95
Frequency of Treatment: Suggested once a week for four weeks, then monthly treatments for maintenance.
Sheet and blanket
Hot, damp towels
- Cotton compress
Gentleman's Facial Protocol Step-by-Step
Step 1 - Prep
Time: 1 minute
Products: Fresh Essential Oil Blend
- Prep hot, damp towels and soak cellulose sponges in large bowl of water with 5 drops of Fresh Essential Oil Blend.
Step 2 - Connection
Time: 1 minute
Products: Stress Relief Bath & Body Oil
- Place 2 drops of Stress Relief Bath & Body Oil in the palms of your hands. Bring your hands to a cup-like position over the lower face for the client to deep breathe the aromatic oils.
Step 3 – Anointment Massage
Time: 2 minutes
Products: Stress Relief Bath & Body Oil and water
- Place 10 drops of Stress Relief Bath & Body Oil in palm of your hands, wet other hand, blend together and use to massage upper chest, shoulders, across the back of shoulders, and neck.
- Continue until the Bath & Body Oil and water are thoroughly absorbed into the skin.
- Clear the lymphatic pathways of the neck by using manual lymph drainage or gentle superficial stroking down the sides of the neck.
Step 4 - Cleansing
Time: 5 minutes
Products: Lavender Cleanse and facial sponges
- Apply Lavender Cleanser to the face, neck and upper chest using effleurage massage with circular stroking movements to remove dirt, surface debris, and environmental pollutants.
- Remove cleanser with facial sponges.
Step 5 - Exfoliation
Time: 8 minutes
Products: Silt Scrub, hot, damp towel, compress towel, facial sponges
- Apply Silt Scrub to face, neck and upper chest area (careful to avoid eye area and the mouth).
- Begin exfoliation process by wetting the fingertips with water and using light massage movements for 2 minutes.
- Cover skin with hot, damp towel and leave on for 5 minutes.
- Remove exfoliant using Pure Toning Essence Compress towel.
- Rinse away any excess product with warm water and facial sponges.
Step 6 - Deep Pore Cleansing
Time: 4 minutes
Products: CLEANSE, steamer, sponges or towels
- Turn on steamer.
- Deep cleanse with Sir Vitál CLEANSE applied to the face, neck and upper chest using invigorating manual massage techniques with wet hands.
- Vapor steam may be used for 2 minutes at this time.
- Cover with a cool towel and leave on the skin for 3 minutes.
- Remove with hot towel or sponges.
- Move on to extractions, if needed. If not move on to Step 7.
Step 7 - Extractions
Time: 4-10 minutes
Products: Pure Toning Essence, steamer, cotton/sponge
- Apply 3-5 drops of Pure Toning Essence to congested areas of the skin
- Continue to steam for 3 minutes before extracting.
- Extract clogged debris from areas of congestion using cotton/sponge soaked in Pure Toning Essence to clear away debris from pores.
Step 8 - Nourish & Repair
Time: 5 minutes
Products: Restorative Infusion, Sea Tonic
- Mix together 5 drops of the Restorative Infusion and 7 sprays of Sea Tonic in the palm of the hand, and apply to the face, neck and upper chest area.
- Massage into skin for 5 minutes using a pressure point massage technique.
Step 9 - Facial Massage
Time: 10 minutes
Products: Facial Massage Cream
- Apply approximately 1-2 tsp. of Facial Massage Cream to face, neck and upper chest.
- Perform standard massage for 10 minutes.
Step 10 - Mask
Time: 10 minutes
Products: Matcha Cool Mask, Pure Toning Essence Compress
- Pre-blended Facial Masks should be kept moist with a cotton compress soaked in Pure Toning Essence Compress.
- Apply Matcha Cool Mask.
- Leave mask on for 10 minutes.
- Remove facial mask with Pure Toning Essence Compress cloth or damp sponges.
Step 11 - Protect
Time: 3 minutes
Products: Sir Vitál SOOTHE or CONDITION Beard oil, if bearded
- Apply a light application of Sir Vitál SOOTHE After Shave Lotion to face, neck and upper chest.
- If bearded, finish by massaging in 7-10 drops (depending on beard length) of CONDITION beard oil.
Pure Toning Essence Compress Recipe
½ cup cold water
20 drops Pure Toning Essence
Mix ingredients together in bowl
Use to soak cotton and/or towel compress
Retail Product Recommendations for Home Care
CLEANSE – deep pore daily facial cleanser for men
SOOTHE – natural after shave and facial moisturizer
SHAVE – natural shave cream
Sir Vitál Beard Oil – natural beard oils to hydrate, tame or promote growth
MANIFEST – natural deodorant for men
EVOLVE – natural essential oil cologne rollerball for men
Shop Gentleman's Facial Collection